Emilia Wickstead, founder of the Emilia Wickstead brand, shares how she takes inspiration from the past – with a twist.
Emilia Wickstead has gone from strength to strength since opening her new flagship store on London’s Sloane Street in 2014. As a fashion design she has received numerous awards and honours including ELLE magazines Style Awards for Red Carpet Designer of the Year 2014, WALPOLE Award for Brands of Tomorrow 2015 and shortlisted for the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2015.
“I want my clothes to tell a story. I want my clothes to stand alone. I want them to have that power.”
But it’s not just the awards that makes Emilia Wickstead a British luxury brand of global recognition that gets us excited, it’s what Emilia and her brand stands for. Emilia shared with us her unique take on a salon experience neighbouring established international fashion house’s:
- The aesthetic of the brand is representing not only how woman want to look but how they want to be perceived
- Inherently feminine modern twist with classic inspiration, timeless silhouettes with punch
- The Emilia Wickstead brand stands for confident femininity, strong tailoring, and a keen understanding of the needs of modern women
- Clothing that is contemporary and wearable but at the same time there is an nod to old fashion couture
- It isn’t just about the dress you wear, but also the life you lead in the dress
- Adapting classic silhouettes for the present day
Emilia Wickstead is founder of the Emilia Wickstead brand.